Those Evil Twins… What would we do without them!
I had this idea for months! At first I wanted to have another person on the back seat and use 3 lights. That way I wouldn’t need any compositing, would capture it on one frame. However, I got that wicked idea of an evil brother – imagined twin, the gray eminence…
Although I don’t have one, I’ve been always wondering how such people feel. I mean, how it is when your imagination begins to feel way too real, when you cannot decide what’s true and what’s not…
Week 10 is a composite of 3 photos. First one was set for maximum reflections on the window. I was shooting in a garage and didn’t want to have anything visible outside the car.
Next two photos had a bit different set-up. Key light was in front of the windshield, set at 85mm and pointing directly into my face. second light was behind the door, from above pointing down for highlights around the window and as a key-light for the third photo where I was sitting on the back seat.
- It’s a composite of 3 images.
- I got the idea for the first time quite a while ago while watching Mr.Brooks.
- Mr.Brooks didn’t have a twin though…
- It was shot in a tight garage. I had problems walking round the car to set up the camera. I changed the perspective a few times so had to squeeze there every time.
- The idea was that the twin appears to me only in the mirror, maybe it should be in the Mirrors Miniseries then?
The final image took 3 frames, however, below you can see a close-up without any retouching:
In addition to the wide shots, I’ve taken a few head-shots with the wet window as a background, here is one of them:
I really like that kind of photos, I think I will be going out in the rain much more often from now on. Water is awesome!
*Note to myself: a big garage is a must…